|A Prince of a Guy|
|Season 4, Episode 22|
|Air Date||February 8, 1968|
|Written by||Ed Jurist|
|Directed by||R. Robert Rosenbaum|
Hippie, Hippie, Hooray
A Prince of a Guy is the twenty-second episode of the fourth season and the 129th aired episode of Bewitched. The episode was completed by December 11, 1967.
While Darrin is on a business trip, Samantha is having a dinner party with the Tates, Darrin's cousin Helen, and Helen's current boyfriend Ralph. Helen has never had luck with men, and wants to show Ralph what a happy married home life is all about so that she can entice him into marriage.
There are two last minute guests to the party. The first is Endora, whom Samantha welcomes. The second is someone whom Samantha is less excited about. Tabatha, who is enthralled with the story of Sleeping Beauty, wants to find out what happens after the end of the story, and decides to zap Prince Charming out of the book to get a first hand account. Once Samantha finds out what Tabatha has done, she has no choice but to include the Prince in the party, since Tabatha is having problems zapping him back into the book. The Prince also literally has no substance, meaning that he cannot be contained by physical mortal elements such as walls. So Samantha passes him off as her cousin, Charlie.
His presence causes problems as naturally charming "Charlie" makes all the women swoon. Helen quickly drops Ralph in favor of Charlie. And although immune to his charms as a man, Larry nonetheless sees dollar figures as he believes Charlie would be perfect for an advertising campaign, which Samantha eventually learns is impossible because Charlie has no substance, meaning he cannot be photographed.
Beyond the issue of getting Charlie back into the book, Samantha has to deal with both the issue of Larry's campaign wants, and Helen's husband wants.
- Dick York did not appear and received credit only.
- Elizabeth Montgomery as Samantha Stephens
- Agnes Moorehead as Endora
- Erin Murphy as Tabatha Stephens
- Kasey Rogers as Louise Tate
- Louise Glenn as Helen
- Stuart Margolin as Ralph
- Robert P. Lieb as Mr. Blumberg
- Maida Severn as Mrs. Blumberg
- Steve Woodman as Director
- Gerald York as Tech Director
- William Bassett as Prince Charming
- David White as Larry Tate
- Prince of a Guy on the Internet Movie Database. Retrieved on June 4, 2020.
- Huggo. "Prince of a Guy" plot summary on the Internet Movie Database. Retrieved on June 4, 2020, edited.
- Bewitched, Season Four episodes on Wikipedia. Retrieved on June 4, 2020.
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|