|Alias Darrin Stephens|
|Season 2, Episode 1|
Series Episode 37
|Airdate||September 16, 1965|
|Written by||Richard Baer|
|Directed by||William Asher|
"A Very Special Delivery"
It is Samantha and Darrin's first wedding anniversary, and Aunt Clara stops by unexpectedly to extend her best wishes and give a present to each of them. Darrin's gift, a golf cap, is too small, so Aunt Clara recites an incantation to resize it to fit his head. Instead of making the cap larger, it makes Darrin's head smaller by turning him into a chimpanzee. Aunt Clara has no idea what she did wrong, and cannot remember the incantation to undo the spell.
As Aunt Clara works on reversing the spell, Darrin has to avoid Larry Tate and work, and a nosy Gladys Kravitz. In trying to achieve both, Darrin gets into a bit of trouble and goes missing. Unbeknownst to Samantha, Endora and Aunt Clara, Darrin is captured by the local zoo-keeper. Samantha hopes they can find him and that Aunt Clara can break the spell, since Samantha has some important news for him - she is going to have a baby.
- Sam's unseen obstetrician is Dr. Anton, who will later deliver Adam in Season Six.
- Normally a spell can be nullified only by the person who initially cast the spell. In this episode it became possible for Samantha to undo Aunt Clara's spell and turn the chimp back to Darrin, because she learned the exact words of Clara's spell. After watching Aunt Clara only manage to turn Darrin from a chimp into a seal, Samantha is able to then turn Darrin directly into a human.
- This episode was finished by May 20, 1965, Elizabeth Montgomery's fourth month of pregnancy. Throughout the first season, the producers shot around her pregnancy and hid it from view until it was disclosed in this episode.
- Elizabeth Montgomery as Samantha Stephens
- Dick York as Darrin Stephens
- Agnes Moorehead as Endora
- Alice Pearce as Gladys Kravitz
- George Tobias as Abner Kravitz
- Orville Sherman as Zoo Attendant
- David White as Larry Tate
- Marion Lorne as Aunt Clara