|Season 1, Episode 36|
Series Episode 36
|Airdate||June 3, 1965|
|Written by||John L. Greene & Paul David (story)|
Paul Wayne (teleplay)
|Directed by||E. W. Swackhamer|
Eat at Mario's
Alias Darrin Stephens
Endora is not alone in her disapproval of the Stephens' marriage. A mute magical elf, Samantha's Cousin Edgar, shows his disapproval when he begins playing dirty tricks on Darrin. As a result of these tricks, a competitor named Fred Schulwiler almost gets a shoe account. Edgar finally realizes that Samantha really loves Darrin and to show his appreciation, Edgar helps Darrin win the account by playing pranks on Schulwiler.
- Bewitched received no Emmy nominations or awards for the first season due to Rod Serling's redesign of the awards, a system which was dropped the following year.
- Bewitched was rated number two for the 1964-1965 season, bested only by Gunsmoke at number one.
- Elizabeth Montgomery as Samantha Stephens
- Dick York as Darrin Stephens
- Agnes Moorehead as Endora
- Arte Johnson as Cousin Edgar
- Charles Irving as Mr. Shelley
- Roy Stuart as Fred Schulwiler
- David White as Larry Tate