|Little Pitchers Have Big Fears|
|Season 1, Episode 6|
|Air date||October 22, 1964|
|Written by||Barbara Avedon|
|Directed by||William Asher|
"Help, Help, Don't Save Me"
"The Witches Are Out"
Samantha meets Marshall Burns, a boy whose overprotective mother outlaws everything fun for kids. To get his spirits up, Samantha takes Marshall to a baseball game so he can practice for the team. They find out that Floyd Kravitz, Gladys' nephew, is the MVP. Marshall makes Floyd think twice when he becomes a successful player, thanks to Sam's magic touches. Mrs. Burns does not think that Marshall playing baseball is a great idea and forbids him to play ever. So, Marshall takes it upon himself to run away and play in the big Junior League game in the ball field. Samantha, Darrin and Mrs. Burns go to the ball game where they see Marshall making it big. Darrin has his eyes on Sam when she tries to help Marshall, but Marshall prevails without her magic. Coach Gribben decides to spend extra time with Marshall and Mrs. Burns is all for it.
- This is the first episode in which Agnes Moorehead does not appear. Although she receives credit for playing Endora in the opening titles of all 254 Bewitched episodes, Moorehead made it clear early on that she had no wish to appear on a weekly basis. During this season, she was contracted to play Endora in at most eight out of every thirteen episodes.
- Actor James Mathers (Marshall Burns) is the younger brother of actor Jerry Mathers who starred in the popular 1950s television comedy series, "Leave it to Beaver".
- This episode was partially remade as the third season episode, Soap Box Derby.
- This episode was completed on September 17, 1964, the same day the Bewitched pilot episode premiered.
- Elizabeth Montgomery as Samantha Stephens
- Dick York as Darrin Stephens
- Alice Pearce as Gladys Kravitz
- George Tobias as Abner Kravitz
- Byron Keith as Coach Gribben
- James Mathers as Marshall Burns
- Art Lewis as Brush Salesman
- Joe Brooks as Umpire
- Joel Davison as Floyd Kravitz
- Greger Vigen as Player
- June Lockhart as Mrs. Burns
- "Little Pitchers Have Big Fears", episode cast, on the Internet Movie Database. Retrieved on December 17, 2019.