|Mother Meets What's-His-Name|
|Season 1, Episode 4|
|Air date||October 8, 1964|
|Written by||Danny Arnold|
|Directed by||William Asher|
"It Shouldn't Happen to a Dog"
"Help, Help, Don't Save Me"
Gladys Kravitz is unable to convince Abner that strange things seem to be happening at the Stephens' home. June Foster and Shirley Clyde, with their sons, and Gladys visit the Stephens' home to welcome Samantha to the community, and to humiliate her in the process. When the boys pester Endora, she uses her magic to tie the three of them up. On leaving, Gladys tries to point out to her friends that it would be physically impossible for three boys to tie themselves up.
Later Darrin returns home for his first meeting with Endora, and they do not get along. Darrin tells Endora that witchcraft is not a "proper" way to live. Furious, Endora threatens to turn Darrin into an artichoke and leaves. Samantha tells Darrin that she would turn herself into an artichoke if that happened.
- The names Endora calls Darrin begin to roll with this episode. They include "What's It", "What's His Name", "Dennis", and "Young Man".
- This episode marks the first proper meeting of Darrin and Endora.
- This episode also marks the first proper meeting of Samantha and Gladys Kravitz, her across the street neighbor. In "Be It Ever So Mortgaged", Darrin only hugs Gladys, thinking she is Samantha's mother.
- Elizabeth Montgomery as Samantha Stephens
- Dick York as Darrin Stephens
- Agnes Moorehead as Endora
- Alice Pearce as Gladys Kravitz
- George Tobias as Abner Kravitz
- Hollis Irving as Shirley Clyde
- Alice Backes as June Foster
- John Copage as Phone Repairman
- José Ferrer as Narrator (uncredited)
- "Mother Meets What's-His-Name", episode cast, on the Internet Movie Database. Retrieved on December 17, 2019.