|Samantha (Flintstones episode)|
Samantha (Flintstones episode)
October 22, 1965
Samantha is the sixth episode of the sixth season of The Flintstones.
Fred and Barney go on a weekend camping trip, claiming that women cannot rough it as they do. In response, Samantha Stephens takes Wilma, Betty and the children camping, using her magical twitch of the nose whenever necessary to upstage the boys.
- Having the bewitching Stephens family on The Flintstones (1960) was logical since Hanna-Barbera did the opening credits to Bewitched (1964). Both were Screen Gems presentations, from the Hollywood studios of Columbia Pictures.
- Animated Samantha wears a heart locket, just as her live-action counterpart does in most of the episodes of Bewitched.
- Gerry Johnson (Betty Rubble) played Mrs. Johnson in the first and second season episodes, A Vision of Sugar Plums (1964, 1965 repeat).
- Don Messick also voiced characters in Tabitha and Adam and the Clown Family (1972).
- Alan Reed as Fred Flintstone
- Elizabeth Montgomery as Samantha Stephens
- Dick York as Darrin Stephens
- Mel Blanc as Barney Rubble, Dino and Mop Bird
- Jean Vander Pyl as Wilma Flintstone and Pebbles Flintstone
- Gerry Johnson as Betty Rubble
- Don Messick as Bamm-Bamm Rubble
"Samantha", The Flintstones episode, on the Internet Movie Database. Retrieved on December 22, 2019.