|Sisters at Heart|
|Season 7, Episode 13|
|Air Date||December 24, 1970|
|Written by||5th Period English - Room 309, Thomas Jefferson High School (story)|
William Asher & Barbara Avedon (teleplay)
|Directed by||William Asher|
Samantha's Magic Potion
Mother-in-Law of the Year
Sisters at Heart is the thirteenth episode of the seventh season and the 213th aired episode of Bewitched. The episode was completed by November 12, 1970. It was rebroadcast in Season Eight on December 22, 1971.
Plot[edit | edit source]
When Tabitha wants to be sisters with her black friend, Lisa Wilson, she casts a spell and they both end up polka-dotted. Through another misunderstanding, Darrin's client, Mr. Brockway, wants him off the account because he thinks that Lisa is his daughter.
Background[edit | edit source]
In 1970, Venetta Rogers' mother was the Assistant Superintendent for the Los Angeles Unified School District, and was instrumental in organizing and bringing together twenty-three year old teacher Marcella Saunders, Elizabeth Montgomery and Bill Asher. Ms. Saunders' tenth grade English class wrote what would become "Sisters at Heart". Consequently, her daughter Venetta was chosen for the part of Lisa in the episode.
Today, Rogers and her mother continue to cherish the memories of their wonderful experience and will always think of “Bewitched” as their favorite series. Rogers loved working with the cast; especially Elizabeth Montgomery and Erin Murphy, and felt like a close friend to Erin. She will never forget how kind the Murphy family treated her during and after the episode. Rogers says that this was one of the most delightful and fun experiences of her life.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
General[edit | edit source]
- The episode received the Governor's Award at the 23rd Annual Primetime Emmy Awards (1971). It was presented to Miss Marcella Saunders, a Los Angeles high school teacher, for the script. Miss Saunders was the first non-professional to win the award, which was established in 1961.
- Because the end credits listed the twenty-six high school students who co-wrote the story, many of the crew usually listed were uncredited.
- Dr. Bombay is mentioned, but not seen.
Casting[edit | edit source]
- Agnes Moorehead did not appear and received credit only.
- Greg Lawrence as Adam Stephens was uncredited.
- The actress playing Mr. Brockway's secretary, Miss Hathaway, was uncredited.
Soundtrack[edit | edit source]
- The background score includes the Christmas songs: "Good King Wenceslas", "Silent Night" and "Jingle Bells".
- "Jingle Bells" is played over the end credits.
Cast[edit | edit source]
- Elizabeth Montgomery as Samantha Stephens
- Dick Sargent as Darrin Stephens
- David White as Larry Tate
- Don Marshall as Keith Wilson
- Parley Baer as Mr. Brockway
- Venetta Rogers as Lisa Wilson
- Erin Murphy as Tabitha Stephens
- David Lawrence as Adam Stephens
- Janée Michelle as Dorothy Wilson
See Also[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- Bewitched, Season Seven episodes on Wikipedia. Retrieved on December 15, 2019.
- "Sisters at Heart" on the Internet Movie Database. Retrieved on December 15, 2019.
- Pierce, David. "The Bewitched History Book" on Facebook. "Happy Birthday Venetta Rogers" post, April 27, 2016. Retrieved on December 9, 2019.
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|