|Season 1, Episode 0|
|Air date||April 24, 1976|
|Written by||Ed Jurist|
|Directed by||William Asher|
Tabatha Stephens works for Trend Magazine in San Francisco as an editorial assistant. Cliff is a commercial artist at Trend and also her boyfriend. Her brother, Adam, wants nothing to do with mortal life and keeps encouraging his sister to forsake her mortal ways and embrace her magical heritage. She tells him about Cliff and he tells her she needs to come clean and tell him she is a witch. When Tabatha finally tells Cliff, he does not believe her. When she proves it, he is astounded and needs time to think. The next day he tells her that he loves her and cannot let her go.
Bewitched producer and director William Asher directed this pilot. It sold the series, but ABC changed the sitcom's setting from San Francisco to Los Angeles, recast the main roles and ordered a second pilot with Lisa Hartman as Tabitha and David Ankrum as Adam, now a mortal.
- Maria O'Brien is credited as "Leslie", but her character's name is Rosette.
- The gag of easily replacing a broken vase was borrowed from the first season Bewitched episode, Love Is Blind.
- Tabatha blacking out one of Dinah Nichols' teeth is borrowed from another first season episode, I Darrin, Take This Witch, Samantha. Samantha did the same thing to Sheila Sommers.
- Liberty Williams as Tabatha Stephens
- Bruce Kimmel as Adam Stephens
- Barbara Cason as Roberta Armistead
- Cindi Haynie as Bonnie
- Archie Hahn as Cliff
- Barbara Rhoades as Dinah Nichols
- Arnold Soboloff as Cab Driver
- Maria O'Brien as Rosette
- Dave Carlisle as Harry
- John-Anthony Bailey as Willie
- Eric Kessner as Boy on the Stairs
- Tabitha/Pilot #1 on the Internet Movie Database, episode production stats and cast. Retrieved on January 2, 2020.
- Tabitha television series on Wikipedia, plot and background. Retrieved on January 2, 2020.
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|
|"Tabatha Pilot" • "The Pilot" • "Tabitha's Weighty Problem" • "Halloween Show" • "A Star Is Born" • "Minerva Goes Straight" • "Mr. Nice Guy" • "The Arrival of Nancy" • "Tabitha's Triangle" • "That New Black Magic" • "What's Wrong with Mister Right?" • "Paul Goes to New York" • "Tabitha's Party"|