|The Cat's Meow|
|Season 1, Episode 18|
Series Episode 18
|Airdate||January 21, 1965|
|Written by||Richard Sale & Mary Sale|
|Directed by||David McDearmon|
A Is for Aardvark
A Nice Little Dinner Party
After arranging to meet Samantha to celebrate their six month wedding anniversary, Darrin arrives at his office to meet Margaret Marshall, chairman of the board of a cosmetic firm. Margaret, a stunning woman in her late thirties, successful both with men and in business, insists that Darrin fly to Chicago that night to complete the quarter million dollar campaign he had planned for her company. Fumbling out of the anniversary arrangements with Samantha, Darrin flies to Chicago, and meets Margaret, who has become quite interested in him, aboard her yacht. There, Darrin sees a cat, and feels it may be Samantha, egged on by her mother, Endora, to fly to Chicago to check on his activities. While Darrin evades Margaret's advances, a pelican arrives on the scene. Although both Margaret and Captain Kelly feel there is something strange in Darrin's reactions to the animals, Margaret, realizing Darrin is truly in love with his wife, accepts his advertising campaign. Greeted by Samantha at home, Darrin is reassured that the cat he has brought with him is not his wife. However, when the pelican arrives, Darrin is uncertain whether it might not be Endora.
- The cat in this episode is said to be Elizabeth Montgomery's cat, Zip Zip.
- The episode title refers to a 1920s expression meaning something splendid or stylish.
- Elizabeth Montgomery as Samantha Stephens
- Dick York as Darrin Stephens
- Agnes Moorehead as Endora
- Harry Holcombe as Charlie Godfrey
- George Ives as Captain Kelly
- Clarence Lung as Kujo
- David White as Larry Tate
- Martha Hyer as Margaret Marshall
- Twenties Slang, Huffenglish.com. Retrieved on June 7, 2020.